Lost weight.. but now putting weight back on

I originally lost 4.3kgs when I started keto, but I am now starting to put weight back on. I meet my goals every day, and I’ve only gone over once. I’ve put on 2kgs since I lost all the weight and I’m really trying to succeed on keto! Someone help 😭

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Andrew Meyer
    • Software Developer
    • Andrew_Meyer
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Don't worry about the weight too much. If you feel better and more energized then don't sweat the weight. My weight can go up and down a couple of kg over a few days. Although I weight myself almost every day first thing in the morning I look more at the overall trend than at the change on any one given day.

Like 1
    • Bgump502
    • Bgump502
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I second the weight thing. It’s difficult, because thats what our brain tells us if our diet is succeeding because that it our goal of dieting right? 

if it helps, I’ve gained 4 lbs over the last week, but people I see on a daily basis say I look like I’m skinnier now than ever (im a big dude 6’1” 345 lbs) so my belly is slimmer, shirts and pants fit better. Etc 

• I wouldn't sweat it that much, but be mindful that you are drinking plenty of water, not "overeating" on Keto and there are not any hidden culprits in your food.

• AJQ
    • AJQ
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Are you tracking calories as well? There’s a misconception out there that you only have to watch macros, not calories. If you are on a calorie deficit and tracking, then just relax and it will happen. Weight loss isn’t linear. 

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 141Views
  • 6 Following