Lowest Carb "Treat" Suggestions?

Hi all!  New user here.

Have been on the NO carb diet, for 14-15 days now, and have been in heavy ketosis for around 10 days (since I started measuring).   My problem is that I thought the sweet cravings would get easier, yet at the beginning I literally had none, and now I am practically drooling while dreaming of a strawberry jelly sandwich.  

My question is whether there is any low-carb "treat" anyone can suggest which won't sling me back to square one, or better yet, a way to attack this craving?

Thanks!

(It just dawned on me that I could maybe just take a small bite out of a jelly sandwich ...)

28replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Go on line and google fat bombs, they have easy recipes for sweet fat bombs using cream cheese, nut butters. Also you can have berries with sugar free whipped cream.

Like 2
    • 1Fitbabe
    • 1Fitbabe
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I really love pumpkin spice coffee with whipped cream on top!

Like 1
    • Jaqi
    • Jaqi
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

e2a93469-7dd9-076e-851b-f829dfccecb2   Sweet!  Will do.   The berries and whipped cream sound divine at this point.  I have to admit that I gave in yesterday and had half a "sweet plantain" slice.  Thankfully, I don't think it moved me out of Ketosis, or I have not seen it yet.   Craving is just about the same though.  I have not incorporated any kind of real exercise program into/with my diet.  My self-esteem was pretty much on the floor for so long that I don't even like to go out anymore - but I may just start walking around the block late at night in the next few days or so.  I was almost moved to do it last night.  The thought alone is a big step for me these days.  🙂 

Like 2
    • Jaqi
    • Jaqi
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

1Fitbabe   Sounds (and from Google, looks) delicious.  Right now I am so hell-bent on staying on the induction phase of this diet because I have around 70 lbs to lose, that this may be just a tad rich - unless I am Googling the wrong thing.  😄   I am not a big coffee drinker, so not sure.

You did open up a world of ideas too!  I  am drinking A LOT of mineral water with essences (such as Waterloo Grape; La Croix in all 'flavors'; Ozarka Lime) ...   which makes me think there must be essences of all kinds which can be added to coffee, tea, etc.  That'd be amazing.  With these waters, although they are not sweet, just having the taste (maybe taste is the wrong word) and smell of fruit goes a long way for me towards drinking the amount of water I should.

Like 3
    • Bgump502
    • Bgump502
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Great Value (Walmart brand) makes a sugar free whipped cream in a can. 20 cal per tbsp, 0 carbs, 0 sugar. I keep a can in my fridge at all times for a shot of something sweet. 

Like 2
    • Jaqi
    • Jaqi
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Bgump502   Will try that too, thank you!  While I am still in Ketosis (at least according to the strips I use) I have been 'cheating' every day with something just a tad bit sweet.  Mostly it has been half a Sweet 'N Low & a squeeze of lemon juice in tea.  Today instead of the tea, I ate a teaspoon of strawberry-banana yogurt.  I don't even want to took up the carbs in that.   Having a low-carb sweet I can turn to like the whipped cream, would be awesome.

• I just started making my own "Jello" using Knox gelatin and sugar-free syrups (DaVinci) sweetened with sucralose (Splenda) and it's delicious, a great after-dinner treat.  I like combining the Strawberry and Orange DaVinci syrups (ordered at www.netrition.com) .  I use the sugar-free syrups because there is no low-carb fruit juice that I could find that worked for me.   

Like 2
    • Holly
    • Holly.25
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Rebel Ice cream is amazing, topped with some of that Walmart sugar free whipped cream. Just portion out a serving because it’s easy to eat the whole pint. For something lower calorie I like the sugar free gelatins from Walmart.  They come in a huge pack and are super cheap and delicious 

Like 5
    • 1Fitbabe
    • 1Fitbabe
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jaqi there’s a lot of great free walking videos on video sites. BeFit has  a series that takes you from a few minutes and works you up to several miles. There is also WiiWalkItOut for Wii and walking apps for the smartphone. 

Like 3
    • Ronford
    • Fin’l Advisor
    • Ronford
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Jaqi, you might wanna look into these Skinny Mixes... I've tried the Chocolate Mint.... It is outstanding!

• Jordan's Skinny Mixes 6 Flavor Classic Syrup Sampler
    • Delicious assortment of our best selling syrups
    • 1 - 750ml bottle of each: Salted Caramel, Vanilla, Mocha, Caramel, Hazelnut, Butter Toffee
    • 0 Calories, 0 Sugar, 0 Carbs, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Kosher, Keto-Friendly
    • Add guilt free flavor to coffees, lattes, mochas, cappuccinos, desserts, oatmeal or just about anything
    Like 3
    • Jaqi
    • Jaqi
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Diane Mathison   I used to really like Jello but then kind of stopped eating it.  It sounds really good right now!   The DaVinci flavors sound delicious.  My only issue is that I am one of those unfortunate ones whose body reacts to artificial sweeteners.  Splenda especially, kills me - or maybe I just went overboard with it when I first tried it, but not only did it not help with weight loss, it also gave me awful gastric distress.  I literally threw out a package of 1,000 packets, less the maybe twenty or so I had already used.  Not to be purposefully gross, but now, any Splenda-related food or drink brings back really bad memories of restroom nightmares.    🤭 

• That's too bad about the Splenda (sucralose).  I use that with the Jello because all the store brands of Jello have aspartame in it, which gives me terrible headaches and other symptoms.. Aspartame is a known neurotoxin.  Well, I just got a book called Easy Keto Desserts by Carolyn Ketchum and she recommends erythritol or even Xylitol to use as a sweetener for various things.  I just tried out the erythritol and it doesn't seem to bother my digestive system.  Apparently it's nothing like maltitol or sorbitol which both cause me severe digestive problems.  Maybe the erythritol would work for you?  It can be bought in a bulk form.  Good luck!

Like 1
    • Jaqi
    • Jaqi
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Ronford    Oh, wow.  Ask, and ye shall receive!  :)  Thanks! 

Had a chance to look these Jordan's Syrups up, and the ingredients sound like something I could tolerate, plus all the flavors sound excellent:  (Pumpkin Praline Pie?  Caramel Glazed Donut?  Seriously?)!   Lol.  I wanted to start with the caramel collection, but it is sold out in a couple of places, so thought I'd start with a pineapple-flavored one if they had it, and mistakenly searched just for "skinny syrup" and had like a million hits.   I had no idea syrups were such a thing.  In any case, will search again by Jordan's Skinny Syrup and will probably start off with a small bottle of one flavor or another if I can't find the sample set I'd like.  Thanks for recommending.   

Like 2
    • Ronford
    • Fin’l Advisor
    • Ronford
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jaqi Salty Carmel & Chocolate Mint are simply just too good!!

Like 2
    • Jaqi
    • Jaqi
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Diane Mathison   Yes, I've read up on Aspartame, which is used in Equal, and it is pretty terrible.  I do think though, that of all the sweeteners, Equal tastes best, or at least for me, doesn't leave a bitter aftertaste or give me all that tummy distress.  Sweet N' Low, again, my used-to-be go-to which I believe is saccharin based is not too much better healthwise, I kind of just settled on it as the best of the worst. :)  I did hear about Xylitol before but I am so terrified of my dogs mistakenly getting into it or me leaving something around that is made or sweetened with it, that I never tried it.  It is probably an irrational fear, but I think 'better safe than sorry'.  As for Erythritol, I might just have to try it!  It ticks all the boxes, and a 1 lb. package definitely sounds worth investing in, to test it out, especially as I plan to make this low-carb thing a way of life.  Thanks!  ❤️

Like 3
    • Jaqi
    • Jaqi
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Ronford   May try those next.  Needless to say, both sound great.  I can't believe there are so many varieties!  I wound up ordering a Pumpkin Spice, Pumpkin Caramel, Pumpkin Cheesecake 3-Pack.  Can't wait.  Just crossing my fingers that my body won't see them as sugar.  🤪

Like 1
    • Slim Dog
    • Slim_Dog
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Atkins snack bars. Carb Manager gives them an A rating. Warning, so good may become addictive!

Like 2
    • Slim Dog
    • Slim_Dog
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

My nutritionist suggested a diet soda for the occasional sweet craving. 

Like 1
    • Slim Dog
    • Slim_Dog
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Diane Mathison I’ve tried erythritol, it’s a good substitute. Eventually sugar cravings diminish.

Like 1
    • Jaqi
    • Jaqi
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

1Fitbabe   Oooh, I just saw your reply.  Sorry I had missed it. 

Will check them out.  Maybe they will motivate me into finally doing it - which I so need!  Thank you!

• Jaqi
    • Jaqi
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Slim Dog   Thank you.  I have been using a  few drops of a liquid sweetener for the past few days, but I have a sneaking suspicion it might not be all that great for Keto.  Thinking about ordering some Erythitol today.  So far, any sweetener or sweetener substitute just goes straight to my fat stores.  Lol.  Crossing my fingers that this one is THE one I've been waiting for.  

• Jacqueline
    • Jacqueline.5
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Slim Dog 

Diane Mathison

Hi!  It's Jaqi.  Thank you for your replies and wanted to let you know that I responded on Friday, but for some reason my comment is "awaiting moderation" and I can't delete it or post.  It's SO weird because I didn't say anything I think is wrong. :(  Anyway, just wanted to let you know, and hopefully moderators will 'release' it soon and preferably tell my why it was held.  I'm thinking that maybe they think I was pushing MCT Oil, when I just wanted info. on it. :(

• Slim Dog
    • Slim_Dog
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jacqueline sometimes the app does weird things. I’ll be logging and next thing I know it’s making entries for the next day.

Like 1
    • Slim Dog
    • Slim_Dog
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I’m slow to reply also.

Like 1
    • CHRIS
    • CHRIS.76
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Jaqi, I've been doing intermittent fasting keto for 5 years and out of all the snacks they have satisfied my sweet tooth cravings while on keto were gourmet protein donuts. They're only 113 calories, 3 g of fat, sugar, and carbs, but pack 20g of protein per a donut and hit that sweet spot! check them out. gourmetproteindonuts.com

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 28Replies
  • 309Views
  • 11 Following