Hi another newbie

Hi guys. Have started keto this past 2 weeks and think i maybe eating too much meat. I am mot a big veggie eater and think i am compensating with the meat. Can this be harmful.

Mandie x

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi make sure it’s fatty meat like chicken thighs, ny strip, ribeye, fatty fish like salmon, sardines.  Cook your protein in healthy oil, butter or ghee. You just want to make sure your fat intake is more than your protein intake.  Protein calories should probably not exceed 25- 35% at most with fat 60-75%, and carbs 5-10%.  Keto on!

• CRipley
    • CRipley
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Eating too much meat can kick you out of ketosis.  I am not a big veggie eater either but I have had to find some that I can eat and are keto friendly. May be try leafy green salads with your favorite dressing and eat the veg you can tolerate

• CRipley 

If you’re talking about gluconeogenesis where protein converts to glucose kicking you out of ketosis then that is incorrect. That only happens on demand when the body requires glucose for certain cells.  Eating protein is essential for daily  cell repair and maintenance of muscle.  So make are you get adequate protein for your goals.

Like 2
Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 27Views
  • 3 Following