Day 11 continue gaining weight...

I used keto urine test to see I entered Keto status on day 3, for the following 3 days, I dropped 2lbs (which most probably water). And then, I started gaining weight by around 0.3lbs each day... Does anyone know what's the problem here?

Some facts about me

1. I check the weight the same time every morning

2. I have symptoms of Keto flu, still having it now

3. Restricted my macro each day, pretty sure following the right percentage of fat, carb and protein, but a little bit over the calory intake required

4. I do exercise 3-5 times a week, which remains the same before and after Keto diet

I read some articles saying that this may happen due to body water retention or the body hasn't changed the way from burning sugar to fat, I am quite confused now.

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Just keep going. Body weight fluctuates sometimes. I’m up and down the same 2 lbs constantly.  You’ve just started, give it a chance;)

Like 1
    • Emma
    • Emma.19
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

bd3eb1db-6a6d-b454-b09b-861f88ae4627 Cool, that's what I thought! Keto makes me feel energized anyway

• Karbndall
    • Start-7/2019, hit goal-9/2019
    • Karbndall
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The scale is probably one of the worst ways to measure progress, however it is the easy button.   I would estimate over 90% of the people stall after the first week or two, once the water weight is released from removing carbs from the diet.  From there, it is a slow reduction of body fat that may or may not show on the scales.  My scale has body fat% and somewhere between weight and fat%, I could usually see the improvement.  Just keep going is the correct response here. 

• Debra
    • Debra.7
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Here are a few tips to help in the beginning,Especially with the “keto flu”.  Be sure you are replenishing your electrolytes. You lose a lot of water in the beginning. Ultimate Electrolyte Replenish is a good one. If you cannot find it in the store you can order it on Amazon. At the very least add a minimum of 2 teaspoons of a good salt, Redmond’s Real salt or a good sea salt.  Here is a recipe for a good drink, 20 oz of water, 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice (not the kind in a bottle) and 1/4 tsp of salt. This may sound strange but is delicious, and it also will squelch cravings. If you are exercising vigorously you may likely need even more salt.  This will help a lot. 

Be sure you are eating enough leafy green veggies as well. Check you potassium intake in carb manager. You need a minimum of 4500 mg a day, and if you are exercising maybe more. 7-9 cups of leafy greens a day and you should hit it.  Personally, I do not count my leafy greens in my daily carbs although many do. I add it to my CarbManager mainly to make sure I am getting my veggies. 

• SALLY
    • SALLY.19
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Time of month?

• Women's monthly hormone cycles will cause temporary retention of water. No surprise there. I'd suggest taking a keto electrolytes supplement. It'll help with the keto flu symptoms and also fuel your exercise.

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 98Views
  • 6 Following