Protein count

Hey guys I'm new to this app but I have been doing keto for about a year now.  I am 29 years old and I usually do title boxing 4-5 times a week (consists of 15 min cardio warm up. 27 mins of boxing or kickboxing depending on the day each 3 min round. And 15 mins of ab workouts). I do a very low carb count at 20g and 134g of protein and 167g of fat. So my question is if I wanna lose a bit more weight, if I go over the protein count will I lose less per week? Or none at all.

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I have this problem.  If I overeat protein, I don't lose and can even gain.  Gluconeurogenesis works to convert protein to glucose, so you may be foiling your ketosis.  Having said all that, everyone is different.  You are much younger, so your tolerance to protein may be much higher/better.  I think you'll have to experiment to really know.  I frequently do 1 hour workouts with similar cardio and core but with far more weights than boxing, etc.  I don't eat nearly your amount of protein and I maintain muscle.  I suspect you can eat much less protein and maintain muscle mass.  

• Dsterlin97  alright I have an update for you for you so this morning I went to get some keto strips I took it and I am in the 4.0 ketosis with that said I was counting the macros pretty well now and I realized I was not getting enough fat in there I was only getting a hundred grams of fat also with that said I was having the problem with protein overeating protein for about 20 grams of protein extra and seems to be okay with the ketosis it does not break it

• agallardo1421c6cd sounds like you have it well under control.  Good work!

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 215Views
  • 2 Following