Should I be eating calories earned from exercise?

This has always confused me. Am I supposed to eat the calories back that were earned from exercising? I’ve just signed up for premium carb manager and I’m confused. I have it connected to my fit bit and by the time I logged my dinner tonight I’m barely meeting macros. Should I change my settings. I’m trying to lose weight. Any guidance is appreciated if someone could dumb this down for me. 

Thanks

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Brandy
    • Brandy.4
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I should mention if I turn off setting to deduct calories or macros burned then I’m way over for the day. I’m so confused

• I wish someone would answer your question! I have the same confusion. Also, if I do an intermittent fast, my net carbs go way negative so that when I start to eat again I need to eat way more than a normal day to fulfill all the macros🤷🏼‍♀️ Surely that’s not right!

• Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am not a doctor, nor nutritionist, nor any kind of expert. This is just my answer from what I have read. Do your own research, come to your own conclusions. But my answer is no, do not eat back your calories from exercising. The calories burned during exercise are often greatly overstated, and can lead to overeating. Eat your usual daily caloric intake. If you are still hungry an hour or so after eating, eat some additional calories, while continuing to stick within your macros. Don't go overboard, but eat enough food to feel satiated.

Like 2
    • duncjeam7
    • duncjeam7
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

What I do for my husband is first we don’t count all the hours he works out usually just half the time to be conservative. Then I feed him his normal food/goal plan for the day this usually creates about a 500 calorie deficit-if he is not starving we just let the deficit ride for extra weight loss-if he is hungry then I give him back half the calories in high fat food - normally 250 extra calories for the day. He is able to lose an additional 1 to 2 pounds a week this way. So he is a big guy with lots of muscle so probably a smaller person needs to be even more conservative. Hope this helps.

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 657Views
  • 5 Following