Craving foods from my past

I have been on the Keto way for about 40 days now,  I have lost right at 20 pounds and feel much better.  While on the Keto way I have found many new and delicious foods to eat and enjoy. But over the last week or so I have began having some cravings for the old (carb filled) foods that I used to eat. Nachos, pizza, potatoes and just plain old junk food.  I try to take my own foods to eat at football get togethers but it’s becoming harder and harder, not easier. I am hoping this is just a phase that will pass. Has anyone else had these feelings and what did you do to get through this time?

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Be proud of your success and remember how those 20 pounds felt like. I ask myself do I really want to put those pounds back on and feel like I did before this woe. Naw, it didn't taste that good. I get those cravings too and think I always will. But you know what? We are LOSERS!  Lol in the best way.

• Mare
    • Life is a beautiful ride
    • Mare.4
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I too struggle with my treat foods, which are baked goods and chocolate bars. Today, I’m working toward healthy lifestyle.  I view it as a journey and not a destination.  I also remind myself how hard it has been for me to loose the 8.5lbs that I’ve dropped and how easily the weight will come back on. 
    My weight loss journey isn’t done, so I struggle on. 

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 32Views
  • 3 Following