Hi everyone I am a newbie. I have type II diabetes. I have gained 42 pounds over the last 18 months. I am 62 I am ready to regain my heal

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Supermom
    • Supermom.2
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Welcome Debi!  I've been at it 3 months and love it.  Down 35 lbs.  You won't be diabetic anymore on your new eating plan I'm pretty sure.  Just eat eggs for breakfast every day, half an avocado, and you better walk 45 minutes a day at a good pace.  That fixed my husbands diabetes like a charm.  His sugar went from 17 to 5 just walking 10km a day.  Good luck!

• Debi, hi. I also have type II diabetes. My A1c got a bit out of control this past spring and summer so I decided to try Keto in order to lose the weight and lower my numbers. If you follow the diet, your numbers will definitely improve and you will lose weight. I started this plan Oct 5 and am down 15 pounds. During that time I spent 17 days in Hawaii. Lost two pounds while I was there. My blood sugar rarely goes into the 120’s now. It can be a bit boring, mostly breakfast. But you can do it. Good luck to you. Hope to see your progress in the forum. 

• Irene102655 

• Irene102655  

by the way, I’m 64. 

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 19Views
  • 3 Following