Feeling nauseaus

I started Keto 5 days ago, I seem to be getting the "keto flu" but I am feeling so nauseaus and have absolutely no appetite.  I just had a salad and could barely eat a 1/4 of it and thought I would throw up.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I am starting mine today, but all I really need to do now is drop the dairy.  I listened to a video on that flu thing and I had it too.  Headaches, nausea, and over that I think.  Hang in there.  I used Ginger for stomach upset which worked great mixed in water.  I also used ACV in a pinch with water, and sometimes just baking soda.  Sometime 2 things over a period of maybe an hour.

• Liz
    • Liz.74
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Denise Evans  Thank you.  I will try the ginger method and baking soda.  I felt okay today but when I went to bed I felt nauseaus  again - hope this goes soon or I just won't be able to do Keto.

Like 1
  • you're welcome Liz , I noticed how little I ate yesterday, almost as if I am unconciousely fearful of eating at all.  I hope it we both get balanced out.  Seems like a lot of people are having so much success with the Keto.  Since Jan. 20 I've been eating low carb, but just trying to go all the way with Keto now.  I had to throw in some dairy yesterday because I was in a hurry to eat something.  Cheese, and cottage cheese.  I think it will be hard for me to drop so much but we'll see.  I have lost 7 lbs but I understand a lot was only water-weight.

• When you start a low carb diet your body will release a lot of water. The water release can cause your levels of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, and magnesium) to drop as well. Which is generally what causes the "keto flu" symptoms. You should try using an electrolyte supplement. I recommend Lyte Balance. You can add a couple of cap fulls to any drink and you won't even notice it.

You may also want to work on improving your fat digestion. A lot of times when you start eating a high fat diet after eating low fat for many years it can cause problems because your body isn't used to digesting that much fat. That could be causing your nausea as well.  

• I finally got passed the Keto Flu, all except I am still getting some migraine-type pain in left side temple.  I think that might be from one of the supplements I take.  Sure like to see this forum get more active.  I'll try to stick with it and see if more people show up.  Keto/low carb is working for so many, every forum should thrive!

• Mark C
    • Mark_C
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hubert Cave That helped me a couple of days.

Like4 Follow
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 186Views
  • 6 Following