Keto+IF( 16:8)

Hello. Im just a newbie here and in keto. Its been a week now since I tried keto and IF. But I just want to ask you friends if it is okay to go to gym while on keto? Believing that keto helps you lose weight so if you will do keto+If +gym, you will have tje greatest result. My goal is to lose 60lbs. Thanks for helping

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Bee
    • Bee.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Jai. My thoughts: I do fasted lifting everyday (I only have black coffee), and it is going on okay. On weekends I fast for 20 hours. I had read somewhere not to attempt fasting until one is fat-adapted that may take a few weeks to months.  If you must, maybe try little by little - like fasting for very short periods going to the gym and see how it goes, then if you get used to it, you can stretch your fasting hours gradually. Remember to hydrate and supplement.

Good luck!

• I'm doing collagen supplements but what else do you recommend?

• Andrew Meyer
    • Software Developer
    • Andrew_Meyer
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

There is no harm as such in going to the gym and working out. If you are doing high intensity workouts or lifting weights don't be surprised if you can't perform to the same level you did prior to starting the keto/if. You may also get a bit light headed so be careful lifting weights . Once your body get's fat adapted the strength will return.

Keto is a bit more tuned towards endurance workouts rather than explosive high intensity workouts. The muscles will burn through their glycogen stores pretty quickly and on keto there won't be as much in reserve floating around in your blood.

As you get more fat adapted the muscles will get better at utilizing the ketones and you will be able to go longer.

Once I get fully adapted I can manage 2 hour morning rides with my cycling club without having eaten anything since dinner the day before. On the ride I just have water and a non-sugar electrolyte.

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 45Views
  • 4 Following