Gaining weight?!?!?!

Hi, I have done keto multiple times and always been successful. I have been in ketosis for well over a week, and have been eating the recommended calories (roughly 1600) amd staying in macros. I log literally anything that enters my mouth, so I know I am strictly adhering.  I have been walking more amd getting more physical activity, but somehow, I have gained a pound. I didn't even get the initial, superficial but motivating whoosh  of water weight. Does anyone have any insight what might be happening or what I can do differently? This is starting to make me give up hope and want to throw in the towel but I'm hanging in there. 

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Qwerty23
    • Qwerty23
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

It’s worked for you before so there is no reason it won’t work this time. I keep reminding myself I didn’t get here quickly and I’m not going to get where I want to be quickly. It will take time but definitely seeing results. I’m trying to weigh in once a month just so I don’t see any plateaus. Keep with it!

Like 1
    • Stardust
    • Stardust.1
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Exercising will cause some initial weight gain as you build muscle and your body retains water.  No worries!  If you haven't already, you will lose more fat and weight.  Weight is really not a very accurate measurement of progress so don't worry too much about it.  If you are interested, take your measurements and gauge your progress that way :)  Hope you are doing well!

Like Follow
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 111Views
  • 3 Following