Over my fat macros :( is this OK?

I'm struggling to make my protein macro but the past few days have ended up about 20 over my fat macros.  Does this matter on keto?  I have read that its ok if you are a little over so long as you stay within your carbs & protein macros.  Is this correct?  I'm beating myself up about going over the fat macro's but I would like other keto'ers perspective on this. Many thanks, Kelli

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have the hardest time hitting my protein grams too.  Going over your fat goal occasionally is fine.   It happens to most us.  Do not beat yourself up.   Try to keep your percentages of fat, protein and carbs at your goal while creating a calorie deficit.  

• KetoKelli
    • KetoKelli
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Gina  thanks for the reassurance Gina, that makes perfect sense!  Re protein - Ive discovered co op frankfurters (if you like that kind of thing)  they are 0% carb and 13g or protein.  So two of those when I got home yesterday kept me full until dinner, bonus!!

Like 1
  • I have to use an unflavored protein powder in my one cup of coffee in the morning to front load 30g of protein. I have a gastric sleeve so there’s no way I could eat enough protein otherwise. 

• Jen
    • Jen.13
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I log my food before I eat to make sure my macros stay on track. It gives me the opportunity to adjust my food.

Like 2
Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 199Views
  • 4 Following