Started first week of December at 198 down to 193.... 59 yrs old.... I’ve got to make this work

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • crex52
    • Retired English teacher
    • crex52
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Keep up the good work and don’t worry if you hit a plateau. It happens. Don’t be discouraged and stick with it. 

Like 4
  • Wow!!   I’m 59, too.   At first I thought I wrote your post :-).  I started last week at 194 pounds.  I am 5’8 1/2 tall.  My goal is 160’s eventually.  I have to do this for a ton of great reasons, but mainly because I have a trip coming up where I need to walk a lot, and I don’t want to hold my family back.   How did you lose the 5 lbs?  Congratulations!   I’m following you and excited to see your progress.

Like 1
  • crex52 I  have tried everything for years and years to figure out how to keep my weight down to be healthy. I was a vegan for  The last eight months and it actually help me gain weight just two or 3 pounds .  I’m going to try to give this at least year and see if this is what my hormones in my body needs. The first 5 pounds I think it’s probably water . Thanks so much for the encouragement it’s good to try to have a support system!

• carolynzanec7fb  Yes let’s do this together I think this might be whatan insulin resistant person like myself really needs.  I refuse to believe that at my age I can’t look great!  When is your trip will both use that as a goal mark😊

Like 1
    • Angel Vos
    • Ophthalmic technician
    • lowcarbdieter1964
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I'm 54, 5'6", starting weight 190. Just started keto/nsng 3 weeks ago and I'm down 11 pounds at 179. I've slowed and feel the scale is barely moving now.  I hope it moves again soon... darn menopause!

• carolynzanec7fb  Hey! I think I’m figuring this out after over four months! .... after decades of dieting and struggling I figure I have slot of metabolic damage. Plus I’m hypothyroid. I’ve just kept studying and stayed under 20 g carbs. The first 3 months I didn’t see the scale move much... up down etc but I felt like my figure was changing a little bit each week... than this last month I have seen the scale gently move down and also felling better energy.... ever so slightly getting better. I have been following “Sarah pearls of wisdom” on YouTube and it has been a big help! I had to face the facts that this old body will not respond to anything like it does for 20-30 or 40 yr old. After adapting four months to Keto I decided to cut out some meals and intermittent fast... it is working.... still slow but  I’m in for the long haul. I am happy! .. I also invested in a glucose meter to check to see what spikes my insulin... I love this because I’m learning about ME! It somehow gives me motivation/control 

Like 1
Like3 Follow
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 204Views
  • 5 Following