Not seeing progress

So I have not lost anything in 2 weeks. Been doing this for almost 4 weeks. This is my typical breakdown

19g carbs, 92g fat 81g protein, 1266 calories

Next day

21 g Carbs, 101g fat, 61g protein, 1242 Calories. 

So my fat is at 70% of my pie chart. No cheating I have resisted every sweet treat! Anyone have any suggestions?  

7replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • 4 weeks? some people don't get fat adapted that fast. Also you will lose water weight first then your body readjusts to begin breaking down fat stores. If you have any health issues your body will start repairing before letting go of those fat stores,  remember your body thinks that is a way to stay alive to keep you from starving. And I think that maybe you have too few calories. I have read multiple times that you should not restrict calories when starting keto, so your body sees an abundant fuel source so once fat adapted it will be safe to let go of the stored fat. I find even after being keto for over a year if I lower my calories I stall.  I think the main focus should be getting healthy and the weight lose will follow but it is a process not a miracle pill.  Your body maybe doing allot of things that the scale doesn't reflex. 

Like 2
  • carolmotsinger Thank You, I will carry on and oncrease my calories. 

• I am right there with you ! But I am finding on days where I have more dairy my progress comes to a stand still.. 3 weeks in for me and progress at a snails pace :/... also my calories have to stay under 1700 to see any difference.. good luck just cutting out sugar makes you much healthier too!

• Don’t get  discouraged. You don’t mention physical activity. Sometimes a short walk or some small physical action will kick your metabolism  into gear. I had a three week period where I  gained 1 1/2 pounds.   The next week I lost 4 pounds. I did not do anything different that week.  Hang in there. 

Like 1
    • crex52
    • Retired English teacher
    • crex52
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I lost a quick 10 pounds when I started and then hit a plateau that lasted almost a month. Be patient and stick with it. The scale has started moving again and I feel great. Good luck!

Like 2
  • Are you measuring?  Waist, thighs, etc?

I haven't exercised hardly at all (but just started!) and lost about 25 in my first 3 weeks of ketosis.  BUT then I plateaued for a month, gained a lb, lost a lb, back and forth at basically the same daily weight.

During this plateau month, though, my waist went from 36 to 34 and my chest went from 46 to 44. 

SO - how are your clothes fitting?  It's easy to forget, but important to remember, that losing weight shouldn't be the numero uno goal.  It should be an incredibly awesome side effect of getting healthier and repairing our bodies.  A lot of coaches in the keto/paleo/NSNG game, like Abel James and Vinnie T, say to throw that scale away!

I'm not ready to throw MY scale away - but as long as I am not GAINING weight I don't let that number bother me.

Like 2
    • tjeanstoddard47bd
    • "It's Gonna Be A Good Day" - Larry Enticer
    • tjeanstoddard47bd
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I would check your water intake as well. Half your body weight in Oz. Is minimum for me personally....

Like 1
Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 290Views
  • 8 Following