Getting more fat

So I keep having the issue of getting my macros right. I can easily keep the carbs under control, but I always have more protein than fat. 

Most my meals look like this

Breakfast: eggs and bacon or sausage

Lunch: chicken or some meat with a green like broccoli.

Dinner ( if I have it) sorta the same as lunch.

Snacks: olives, pickles, 2 tbps of pb.

Can you help me ? 

17replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Add butter, olive oil to your breakfast, or alternatively replace this breakfast with a keto/bulletproof coffee.  Add MCT oil or olive oil to your lunch and dinner.  

• sonyalturnere1de I've tried that in the past and it was really gross, only tasted of butter and oil. Any suggestion of a yummy one?

• hatsumi141  You could make some fat bombs instead.

Like 1
  • sonyalturnere1de  I think I might have to do that and start just buttering my meats more

• scjudd1986
    • CAD Tech
    • scjudd1986
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

hatsumi141 Quick question regarding the bulletproof coffee. Did you just add the butter and oil and mix it, or did you use a blender to really get it mixed together? I personally don't notice the buttery/oily taste because I've blended it together from day one.

You could also try substituting the butter for heavy cream. My wife likes to add stevia to her BP coffee.

Like 2
    • Trish
    • Trish.5
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

sonyalturnere1de I am searching for the recipe that looks like a Reece’s pb cup.. do you have it? 

• Trish There are a couple of these receipes in carb manager.   I can't seem to send you a receipe via carbmanager. So I'll just copy and paste it here for you. 

Reese’s Fat Bombs
    Ingredients

4 tbsp Organic Coconut Oil by Better Body 

1-½ tbsp Salted Sweet Cream Butter by Kirkland Signature

3 tbsp Cocoa Powder by Sunny Select

4 tbsCreamy Almond Butter by Kirkland Signature

3 x 1 packet Sweetner Truvia Naturally Sweet Calorie-Free Packets

Mix all the ingredients together. Pour into candy molds or ice trays. Store in freezer. 

NutrientValue% Goal

Calories 154.3 14.7%
    Total Carbs 4.1g ---
     Net Carbs info 1.1g
    Like 2
    • Trish
    • Trish.5
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you !!! Looks delish!!

• Bulletproof coffee is a great way to get your fat and your morning coffee too! I use 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp heavy cream with my coffee and blend it together in the blender. It makes a fabulous latte!

Like 2
    • scjudd1986
    • CAD Tech
    • scjudd1986
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Newmein2019 I've never done it with the heavy cream, but I've considered it. Maybe I'll try it out this weekend when I'm out of my typical daily morning rituals haha.

• scjudd1986 was on a small vacation so didn't look at carb manager, but yah I never blended it so maybe I should try that. Also would heavy cream be just as good as butter? Because I already have a coffee with heavy cream and stevia in the morning. Is that technically BP coffee?

• sonyalturnere1de def gonna try looks delish

• scjudd1986
    • CAD Tech
    • scjudd1986
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

hatsumi141 Blending will make the BP coffee seem more of a latte without the butter and MCT oil rising to the top, so I would imagine it would be much better!

I've seen plenty of people use heavy cream in place of butter, but the real kicker is the MCT oil. It's full of the healthy medium chain triglycerides (hence the MCT), and does wonders for mental focus and clarity. I notice that I'm always much more attentive on days with my BP coffee vs. without it.

• scjudd1986 hmm, I guess I should buy some after all, do you think just using coconut oil would suffice until then.

• scjudd1986
    • CAD Tech
    • scjudd1986
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

hatsumi141 Coconut Oil contains the small and large chain along with the medium chain. It definitely won't hurt to use coconut oil until you get the MCT oil.

Like 1
  • scjudd1986 awesome, thank you so much for all the help

Like 1
    • James Haydon
    • Always gonna be big but not as big
    • Dawnshade
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I make bulletproof coffee everyday and I was gross till I spent $6 on a "milk frother" on Amazon. It's for lattes it mixes the oils into the hot coffee or tea in my case. Makes it foamy like a latte still is oily but much better texture especially if u miss that foamy milk.

Like Follow
  • Status Answered
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 17Replies
  • 278Views
  • 6 Following