Being brave, joining in

I'm not a very good group person but I know I need help with this sooooooo...

SW 193.9   9/16/19

CW 189.6   9/23/19

GW  135  9/1/20

Seems like a tough goal, but it's only a goal.  If it stops at 145 I'll still feel successful.  

I miss meat already, though!!  I could eat all meat, veg and fruit on a normal diet and not even miss the carbs.  But getting the fat, without the meat?  That's really hard for me and is leaving me starving and feeling like I haven't chewed enough!  I put ghee and butter on everything, olive oil on vegetables, etc.  Maybe this is just beginners pangs, and I'll adjust?  Will I? 

7replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • migsmom
    • 655721be553932629b01
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Why are you missing meat? Keto embraces fatty meat.   Loads of fat sources incl nuts, nut butters, coconut butter, seeds, Greek yogurt, cheeses,  sour cream, whipped cream, etc. Eat meat, fish, shellfish, eggs.  

Like 2
    • Jppm
    • Jppm
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

655721be-5539-3262-9b01-1953484d9fa5 I guess it's portion sizes.  When I try to get the 70/20 right, I end up with a smaller amount of meat than I'm used to.  I get that I want to lose weight, so duh, I need to eat less, but it's odd that it's the only craving I have right now.  I'll look for some better ratio choices when selecting meat instead of my faves (white fish, chicken)  Fresh or frozen salmon is too  $$ for my wallet very often.  

• migsmom
    • 655721be553932629b01
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You don’t have to be strict 79/20/5, that’s impossible. I eat 25-30% protein everyday.  My go to is always:  keep carbs at your desired grams, meet or exceed protein and the rest fat. Stick to fatty meat cuts,  like chicken thighs instead of breasts, 80/20 beef, ribeye, ny strip. If you blood test just see how your ketones are after the meat.

Like 1
    • Jppm
    • Jppm
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

migsmom  Thank you.  I can do chicken thighs, but ribeye and strips are big bucks.  However - Aldis is old fave.  I'll look around there to see if there are more budget friendly offerings.  Plain greek yogurt is mentioned here a lot, but I don't understand people who can eat a spoonful of that.  lol.  It's so . . . so . . . thick? sticky? bland? something unpalatable about it to me.

I do appreciate the encouragement and ideas, though!

• migsmom
    • 655721be553932629b01
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jppm 

The Greek yogurt can be more palatable with a tsp or 2 of monk fruit or your choice of sweetener and I also eat it with a couple Tbs of nut butter:)

• Runxtc
    • Runxtc
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Compare your protein and fat intake.  Carbs seem to be the easiest to screw up on, Protein for me is the hardest to reach. I am full all day currently and now supplement at eod to catch up on what I am lacking.  Especially Protein since your body can start feeding for energy on your muscles.  (Disclaimer: this is my understanding, though I am new.)  Whether vegan, vegetarian or carnivore hit targets on everything but carbs.

• Jppm — eat fully loaded sour cream!  I dip chicharones in it.  

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 68Views
  • 4 Following