Ketosis?

I've been doing Keto a week tommrow. I'm just wondering how to tell if I am on ketosis with out the strips or gadgets?  I'm flustered that I have gained and not lost. :(

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Prettypaws1980 The majority here may tell you to put your scale away. Finally crossing into keto adaption will then start melting pure fat off your body and may not reflect on the scale much or if at all in the beginning. Your in week one, you will know because most people experience a Keto type of flu, and if following net carbs of roughly 30 or under, your in ketosis or will be soon. M thoughts on knowing if I was in ketosis in the beginning stages like yourself, I felt a bit down for a bit until fat adaption occurred, and conqured. Then I felt awesome. Get yourself some sticks, they are roughly 6-8 dollars for a whole container. Little price to pay to have that feeling of just knowing. When I was entering fat adaption which lasted it seemed forever, I felt miserable. Everyone is different, so that’s why I suggest just getting the strips for piece of mind. 

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 104Views
  • 2 Following