Hi!

Hello all,

just started with the app today! I particularly like the forum section and I’m hoping people can keep me on track and offer advice.   I spend about 8 hours a week cycling, but my love of food means I’m struggling with the last 20lbs. I also have the added difficulty of spending a lot of days away from home (in hotels) with little means of cooking/food prep. And ideas. Thanks

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi welcome 🍍Take or pick up low carb snacks like nuts, pork rinds, jerky or moon cheese.  If you have a refrigerator or a cooler, you can take or pick up salad, cheese, deli meat, pepperoni, smoked sausage, veggies and dip etc.

Eating out is fine once you have a good understanding of low carb foods.  I usually order meat or seafood with low carb vegetables or salad.  Checking online menus in advance makes planning a lot easier.  I started taking pork rinds to Mexican Restaurants so I wasn’t tempted by Tortilla chips.  Good Luck 

Like 2
    • Andrew Meyer
    • Software Developer
    • Andrew_Meyer
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

All day breakfast is an option, replace the toast with tomato slices. If it comes with potatoes ask to replace that with an extra slice of bacon or a sausage. 

Most places will oblige the request. 

Takes some getting used to to spot menu options that are low in carbs or that have high carb elements that can be substituted. 

Like 1
    • Patrice
    • Patrice.4
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Good advice, thanks!

Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 25Views
  • 3 Following