Help!! I can't sleep ☹️-Anyone else??

I'm Only on day 4 keto. Everything is going great! I'm really getting the hang of staying within my macro range  5-30-65 and enjoying the process, however since I started I'm finding it extremely hard to fall asleep. Sometimes it takes me 3 hours to nod off!!! ☹️

This is my 1st time on Keto and was wondering if this is a "thing"? Will it sort itself out when my body adjusts? Has anyone else experienced this? 

Thanks in advance for any help xx

Nadia

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

LotusLaxmi Oh yes! I destinctly remember this part. Hang in there. Keep the room cool. I had to use some sleep aids like a half a Benadryl tab or some tryptophan.  It’s your body starting to burn off the glucose, fighting itself essentially. Make sure you have some food in your stomach when you go to bed or two hours prior. When I tried to fast during the evening, nope couldn’t get to bed easily.  I cut caffeine by 3-4 pm also.  

Like 2
  • badmojomn 

Thanks for the reply- makes sense what your saying about the glucose! It's nice to know I'm not the only one 😊

Like 1
  • Day/night one- yesterday, I had difficulty falling and staying asleep. I usually have Sleepytime tea before bed, but it didn’t work as well last night as it usually does. Thanks for bringing this up. I may also try the half Benadryl like badmojomn

Like 1
  • pattysolis496 

good luck with getting to sleep in the next few days- 😊

Like 1
Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 614Views
  • 6 Following