Frustrated as a few days in I’m binging on fat laden foods.

I did well with the balancing of carbs, fat grams and proygrams the first few days, and now I feel like I’m on a low carb, low protein, but fat gram binge!  Just ate 30 macadamia nuts, couldn’t stop and didn’t get satiated from the fat intake.  What do I do?  What’s the easiest way to get the right amount of carbs, still get enough fiber, and keep the fat grams down?  

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I just stopped eating nuts. They get out of hand too quickly for me. Have you tried a deli plate (celery, cheese, salami, olives, pickles etc)?  

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Are you following low carb or ketogenic ? There's quite a difference there in what you will eat. 

• sjglascock
    • 48yo mom, former physician assistant, 2 yrs out from breast cancer
    • sjglascock
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am doing keto. For me, nuts are totally addicting and hard to stop eating once I get started. I think they can stall weight loss as well. I like celery for fiber and just to munch on without guilt. For fat I use a lot of full fat coconut milk (from the cans, not the cartons) in lots of things. In the mornings I do a coffee (2 cups) with a lot of coconut milk and sometimes coconut oil. Keeps me full all morning. I also add it to vegetables to make them creamy along with curry or turmeric for an Indian type flavor. Make sure you track everything, even ahead of time, so you know what everything counts as. After a short time you will know what things you should be eating and what you shouldn't. There is definitely a trial and error period for everyone. Good luck to you! :)

Like 1
Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 165Views
  • 4 Following