Need help with some issues!!

I'm a 70 year male, diagnosed in August 2019 with D2, CKD and fatty liver that I've known for awhile. I decided to start on a low carb diet to resolve the above stated issues. I discovered the Paleo/Keto way of life and I think I'm doing right, I've lost 40 lbs, 209lbs down to 168 lbs, BS down to the 90s from 150s, A1C down to 5.2  from 6.5. So, I've made some drastic improvements in a very short time. But I do have some issues, I cant seem to not stop losing weight, my friends are starting to worry, some have asked if I have cancer! Frankly, I do look sickly, I feel fine. I could add some carbs to maintain my weight but I would lose control of my Blood glucose control. Then there's the fatty live issue that will not resolve if I return to eating some carbs to maintain my weight? There's also to issues of severe foot and ankle cramps at night! I take supplements and I'm sure my potassium, magnesium and calcium is ok as I eat tons of cheese  but even with the cheese I have loose stools almost daily? Other than than I feel fine, my libido has always been there but I believe that's genetic in my case! Like my father says, hes still alive "I can eat with a knife stuck in my throat" so libido has never been an issue, greatfull for that!! There a few other issues I have questions about but the ones stated above, if anyone has dealth with them and has resolved it please let me know. Any suggestions would be gladly appreciated.

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Doesn't look like you ever got any replies, and I don't know if you are still around.  Let me know if you are Jace Flametree  Your numbers look very good, but I'm wondering about totals on your Fats and Proteins being enough?  Also, cheese isn't stopping my foot/leg cramps, but I do try to eat avocados and other foods with high Potassium.  I can't got too high because I have tinnitus and it spikes from too much.

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 23Views
  • 2 Following