New and need some help!

Hi there! I'm new to this app and community. I've been on and off GF for years and am looking to get back on board and stay long term. I am on here in hopes of keeping good track of my macros in a modified Paleo/GF food plan. To be clear - I am NOT following keto! But I do know my body does very well with lots of fat, so my ratio is balanced carb/protein/fat.

That in mind, one of my life loves is beer and alcohol, and I work in the beer world. It is something I don't need to give up for my health and so that's a plus. However my question here is that I don't know how to track alcohol/beer on this app. I tried adding some drinks to see how it would add up in my nutrients but it doesn't seem to come up? Sometimes not even the calories come up in my daily log. Can someone please shed some light or suggestions on how to properly manage adding/tracking this?

Thanks very much!

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • No answer yet? Probably because you really can’t do low carb and drink alcohol regularly. Well, you can, but if you use your carbs for that you won’t have any for veggies. 😿 This page on alcohol on diet doctor may be helpful: dietdoctor dot com/low-carb/alcohol. As for tracking, you may have to enter the beverages manually.

• thanks so much for replying. i'll go check out your page, thanks so much! if a drink would take up my carbs then might it be an idea to just not add them? to properly track food?

and when you say to enter the beverages manually, do you mean adding in each individual nutrition fact to a new food item? 

• lunarhoneychai Yeah, you can enter your own foods. I don’t drink beer, so I don’t know if they have nutrition info available. Sorry. 

• Urbanhiker No it's ok, that's very helpful. I appreciate the information. Thanks very much!

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 148Views
  • 2 Following