Hi everyone. Tomorrow is the day I start the ketogenic diet. I have read countless articles and have urine ketostix. Wish me luck to lose 25

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

With such wise preparation you don鈥檛 need to cling to the empty promise of luck ~ you are being proactive in your future and I strongly suspect you will succeed 馃檶  have you got some postassim, magnesium, zinc & Himalayan Pink Rock Salt in? Not everyone gets keto flu but these will help speed passing through if you do. The first 2 weeks are the hardest in my opinion but once into ketosis your appetite reduces and even more so once fat adapted. After that it鈥檚 our mind over matter that will help, as the odd thing we see pulls strongly at us to eat it! My first true test was ice cream, I resisted having come so far by week 3 and we await badmojomn ice cream machine test results with excitement 馃槀

• Jagger25
    • jagger25
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I do have the pink Himalayan salt. So far, so good. Completed 3 full days and so far feel pretty good!

Like 1
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jagger25 that鈥檚 so exciting to read, love seeing new ones getting enthused & educated go you. I am 3 months in now and learning something new here most days still.  If you can make Weeks 1 & 2 you鈥檒l be into a new and exciting WOE.

• Best of luck.. Replying to you because I also am looking to lose 25...Decided 9/17 to start and have lost 12 so far. BPC has helped me and chocolate /peanut butter fat Bombs are a life saver for sweet tooth. So many free recipes to research. I started with MyFitnessPal, but paid 1 month for Carb manager  to try it.. Love the scanner.. Just cancelled renewal to see if the free will suffice. Basically reading 12 entries a day and not needing glucose part so hoping I won't lose what I've been using so far.. 

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 130Views
  • 3 Following