Will I know when I’m fat adapted?

Greetings,

I’m new to Keto and have been on the diet since Tuesday. (Lost 8lbs so far) I’ve read so much information and think I understand macros and the importance of keeping my ratios in check.  I’m good on fat and carbs and I’m working on not getting too much protein... that’s been hard not going over so far. 

I’m also experiencing what I believe is the Keto Flu. I’m utterly exhausted at times and have a slight headache.  I’ve been taking electrolyte supplements and attempting to stay hydrated. I thought I was doing well at that until I had leg cramps last night. I have the yucky taste in mouth too.

I have used the testing strips and I’m showing that I’m dumping moderate keytones..

My question for those that have been fully fat adapted...

Did you know? Was the change in feeling obvious? What’s it like?  How long did it take to start feeling better??  

Much Thanks,

L

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

when you get over the keto flu you will be fat adapted if you stick to 20 net carbs or less. You will feel better and have a bit more energy. The flu can last awhile. You need potassium tabs and essential minerals and vit c tabs if your experiencing legs cramps. Start out a bit heavy on them then back them off till you feel better. Warm broths with a bit extra salty if you can stand it. 

Like 2
Like Follow
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 134Views
  • 2 Following