Why am I not losing weight?

I started keto 2 weeks ago. The first week I stayed the same. The 2nd week I鈥檝e gained 3.8 pounds. I don鈥檛 get it. Keto is my last option as I have tried everything else.  馃槶

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I鈥檝e been on for 11 days now and have lost 4.3 lbs. I thought I would鈥檝e lost more early on, water weight, but it seems slow compared to others. I鈥檝e also not lost but an ounce or two from day to day. It鈥檚 pretty frustrating but I鈥檓 going to keep it up for a month & see what happens.

• MaryH
    • MaryH
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, I have been on a Low carb high fat diet with  an average 35g of carbs for a month now and have lost only 4 pounds. I don鈥檛 have a lot of weight to loose so I think that鈥檚 part of the reason, also after having a meal not so LCHF with friends, the scale jumped up to 2 pounds more for a week...but I鈥檓 hanging on as previous diets worked faster but I couldn鈥檛 eat like that forever. I try to focus on the fat I鈥檓 loosing around the waist as it was my primary goal, it feels so good not to be squeezed into my clothes! Anyway I feel better, have found a lot of substitutes for bread,...So focus on the benefits and be patient, slow but steady is the best way forward, after all it鈥檚 not a diet, it鈥檚 a new way of eating. Also, if you enter your results in the 鈥渕y measurements 鈥渁nd see the projections for the next few weeks, it is so motivating!!Keep up with the good work!!

• MaryH
    • MaryH
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You can do this, don鈥檛 focus on your scale at first, remember the body water variations up to 4 pounds, your body needs to adapt to this new way of eating! Keep up the good work and be patient, you鈥檒l see the results soon! 

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 274Views
  • 2 Following