Hopeful but stalled

Hi, I'm Katie.  I really like how I feel on Keto and have been learning a lot.  But I must be doing something wrong.  In the first 4 weeks I lost 12 pounds, so that's exciting.  But now after week 5, I'm up more than a pound.  I do the macros every day, and I'm on them or very very close every day.

I did have ONE meal this week that was off plan -- it was a celebration at a restaurant where I knew I'd have a couple things that had more carbs, but I limited them a lot.  Would just one meal do that when the rest of the week was so ON?

I'm 44 and have about 80 pounds to lose.  I live in LA.  Looking forward to help, ideas and community here.

Katie

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi Katie. Congratulations on your weight loss.  Unfortunately increases of weight happen on Keto. You may go down the first few weeks, then go up one.  Your body is still adjusting. 

For some people, going off keto for one day is a strict no no, where other people are more relaxed.  It really depends on you, but too be honest I wouldn't worry about it. I would take a guess and say that increasing your carb intake for one day won't harm your weight for the week. Perhaps other keto users can comment on this.

Last night I had pizza hut pepperoni pizza and a chocolate dessert (no keto) and still lost 1 kg this week. Not that I make it a habit mind you but I'm not going to guilt myself over it.  

Anyway I think you are doing great, just keep doing what you are doing and think long term.  

This youtube clip has a good explanation on weight gain. I think the answer is in the first few minutes.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q8iF9NpNBo

Good luck. 

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 60Views
  • 2 Following