Question about my hunger and a couple other things

I've been on keto for about a month and a half.  I feel great. Lost some weight and notice a big difference in how I feel.  I am in the gym all the time. I was 230lbs now I'm 196. I have not lost any strength which is very happy about.  I do a lot of lifting as well as I have for about 10 years.  I am always hungry on the keto. I eat anywhere from 250-300g fat per day, anywhere from 10-20 net carbs per day and about 200-250g protein per day. I do work outside in the pipelining industry so I'm always moving.  check myself and remain in ketosis. I use the pee strips. I know they aren't the most accurate but I do know with what they read, I'm in it. Why am I always hungry? How can I further this process with keto? How does the fasting work and what is the benefit? 

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Mark
    • Mark.3
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hey Kevin, thanks for posting. I'm not sure I can help, but I wanted to ask if you are really hungry or is it just cravings or a sense of being unsatisfied? Because this is my issue at the moment (i just made a new post about it). I used to eat a lot of fat too and I was always hungry, I had to incorporate some more protein in there and that helped out. Good luck man, keep crushing it👍

• Mark  I've been eating a lot of both. I mean, I'm eating a ton more protein than they say is even possible to stay in ketosis, but here I am lol. I've been trying to just eat every so often the last few days vs when I feel hungry. 

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 116Views
  • 3 Following