Blood sugar and the Keto Diet

Hi everyone,  I am new to the Keto diet and have been on it for about two and ½ weeks.  Ive been doing wonderfully.  Ive lost 10 pounds.  When I stated my Keto diet using the meal plans provided my blood sugar was 105.  Now after only two and ½ weeks my blood sugar has gone UP to 134.  What the heck am I doing wrong?  I was under the impression that my numbers would all go DOWN.  What happens in the body that would make my blood sugar rise?  Are others having the same problem?

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I to am a diabetic. I was able to get my sugar down, but am not losing weight at all.  Metformin meds??

• Thanks for replying.  But I was NEVER diabetic before going on the Keto diet and yet after being on this diet for 2 ½ weeks my blood sugar number was 134.  Im was asking the public if anyone one has any idea why my blood sugar number would go up?  I have always been around 95-99.  

• Really no way to know why it spiked without more information.  What did you eat?

• e2a93469-7dd9-076e-851b-f829dfccecb2 I should add that stress and lack of sleep may also spike it.

• e2a93469-7dd9-076e-851b-f829dfccecb2 

• Carol Golden 

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 34Views
  • 3 Following