New and confused!

I’m J, I started keto a week again and I’m down 4 lbs.... but I am not eating right . I can’t get enough calories, protein or fat in, as my diet was always very low cal and low fat. Any suggestions, advice,  or easy recipes to share? 

Thanks!!

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • First breathe.  😀  I lost 15lbs eating a low calorie diet (750) in 2 months.  I got discouraged my body hated me for not eating and kept me from losing any more.  3 months, 7 days ago I took on this high fat -low carb and intermittent fasting way of eating — and I started eating and lost 42 lbs.  Most days I am way under my macros but I keep the same ratios.  And, if I’m not hungry, it is okay for me to wait and eat   

You must now do the un-natural and fall in love with the fat from all the things that low calorie dites have trained you to hate and avoid. Buy and eat the full sour cream, heavy cream, the hard cheddars, the meat with fat surrounding it and in the middle, bacon, glorious bacon, use butter with your eggs, put the cream in your coffee,  olive oil based mayo, list is endless ... and see how the carbs are low, right where you want them.  This is a high fat, low carb diet. It does work.  And educate yourself from the Internet, this forum, YouTube, etc.    You Got This!!

Like 1
    • migsmom
    • 655721be553932629b01
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I would add that dairy is often very inflammatory so while good sources of fat it can cause issues with many people.  If it does for you,  there are other options. Just keep carbs at your desired grams, meet your goal for protein, and  get the rest of your calories with fat.  You’re not going to be successful starving yourself. Eat, enjoy your food.   Good luck!

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 50Views
  • 3 Following