New and Confused!

Hi everyone I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself and ask for some specific guidelines.

I'm a little older than most of you I'm sure at 63, very confused and overwhelmed at best right now.

I have used a ketone calculator that I found on reddit.com to get my stats. But I'm not sure how to accomplish what I set up. I've been doing this three or four days now and I can't seem to get anything in line in terms of macros. I'm afraid to eat too much protein or not enough.

I'm super confused when it comes to carbs. You're not supposed to eat too many yet you're supposed to eat enough so that you don't end up with something called fatty liver.

Right now my carbs are only set at 17 trying to do a kick-start if you will.

In your opinion can I eat as much salad asparagus bok choy Etc as I want without going over on carbs? Do I need to weigh these types of vegetables since I understand they're pretty low in carbs? And for that matter how do you calculate carbs for those types of mixed up salad concoctions?

I'm also struggling with trying to get enough fat in the diet. If you need me to, and there's a way to do it I can let you all see my daily charts/diary.

And last but not least this is a question I have been asking all over various boards and either it's too lame a question which I suspect, or just not getting my point across. I want to know if my total numbers, fat grams, protein, calories, carbs, are what I should be eating for the entire day versus per meal. I ask this because it just seems like everybody I read that has posted their menus seem to be eating way more than I do so I'm wondering if I'm doing "everything" wrong!😕

I'm sorry if this is all over the board I'm not even sure how to explain in words what I need so please be kind😄

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi! Welcome! Maybe I can help you ! ( PS I am 59 yrs young!)!

I am using Carb Manager currently and it is super easy ! You set up your profile and it will help calculate your allowed daily macros. 

17 carbs DAILY sounds good! How many fats and protein are you allowing? 

Nothing is unlimited per se except water lol 

How many calories are you allowing ?  

Calculations are usually per day not per meal . 

Stay in touch ! 

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 104Views
  • 2 Following