Just a hello to everyone

My name is Tony 

Good morning to all....hope you are meeting and exceeding your goals! I will soon be 73 years old and I am on a journey to shed somewhere in the neighborhood of 75-100lbs. I am blessed that I don't have any problems with diabetes, cholesterol, blood pressure or any of those problems. I am however filled with osteoarthritis from head to toe. The extra weight really drags me down and puts a lot of pressure on my spine. I have degenerative disc disease caused by arthritis and will soon be having surgery for that so your prayers and positive thoughts for that are welcome. I began this journey about a month ago and so far I've lost 22 pounds. So yay me! I'm doing sort of a combination atkins/keto diet and counting calories as well. I try to keep net carbs under 30 a day and total calories under 1300. I have had no problems with food cravings but I do miss bread really bad. If anyone knows of a good keto friendly bread or a recipe for bread I would appreciate it. Atkins has several products that are low carb and take care of that monster sweet tooth of mine. Atkins Endulge Coconut/chocolate bar is 2g net carb and delicious. Good luck to all

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Stanhine
    • Stanhine
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Tony! 
    good luck to you in your journey!! 
    the bread substitute that is my ONLY saving grace are called Chaffles there are many ways to make them but this so far is my favorite way! 
    3 egg whites from a carton 

3 tbls almond flour

1 tbls mayo OR sour cream 

1/4 tsp baking powder 

1 tsp water makes 2 in a dash mini waffle maker that they sell on amazon or in target for 10 bucks 

so good!! Hope you enjoy!!

• Yonnie
    • Yonnie
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Tony! Good luck to you! I sound like you except I'm 52. I have lost 26.5 pounds. I weigh 201 and I don't feel any better as far as the osteo goes. But I hope  when I'm down 25 more pounds I will. 

Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 20Views
  • 3 Following