Day 3

New to keto and so confused if this was gonna actually work for me....after talking with others and seeing their results I’m convinced this was the lifestyle I should’ve been on my whole life:( I’m upset it took me this long to find this:) but will never change back!!  Want to lose 50 lbs by August 18....sitting at 195 right now and getting more n more active!!!

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I’m new too.  Starting today at 200 lbs.  I’d like to lose 75 but don’t have a specific date. I am nervous that this won’t work or that I can’t stick with it.  Good luck on your journey. 

Like 4
    • tiffg9612
    • tiffg9612
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Same here Day 3 and I don’t feel like I can stick to it but am trying! Wanting to lose 80-100 lbs but not putting a date on myself I feel like I will be disappointed that way. Good luck!

Like 2
    • jcsc2018
    • jcsc2018
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am right there with you! I did this diet about 5 years ago and I loved it. I wish I would have stuck with it, but every excuse to not was ok with me. I hope to make it a lifestyle commitment this time. :)

Like 1
  • It really is a lifestyle choice.  Critics say it is hard to adhere to because of the dietary choice limits but it’s no where near as difficult as the year I was vegan.   There hasn’t been a restaurant yet I couldn’t go to and get something so no restricting restaurant choices with friends or spouse.  Since I don’t for the most part get hungry, I can always get my daily fat in at the other meals if the restaurant or fast food choices were too “lean”.    The amazing thing has been the almost total cessation of body pain/inflammation and intestinal issues as well as major increase in energy levels.   Weight loss is great but feeling vastly better is far better.   I don’t see myself changing from this nutritional plan.   I want to be like Dr. Stephen Phinney (Ph.D, MD) who is a leading expert and has been in nutritional ketosis for like 14 years (and he’s a very vital 70ish man who skis and long distance bikes, etc.)

Like 1
Like5 Follow
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 113Views
  • 6 Following