New to Keto, tried it all but this...

Hello! I’m on my fourth day and I have no idea what I’m doing. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’ve done low-carb many times and cut sugars during gestational diabetes, but I’ve never tried Keto. I’m 40 and 223. I lost 5 pounds the first day and have gained 0.9 back. I’ve been a yo-yo dieter literally all my adult life. Lost 60 pounds on diet pills, gained it all back, blah blah same story as so many others. Right now, this app is really all I have to go on. I’ve downloaded an e-book and I’ve just started reading it. Is the main difference between Atkins and Keto the whole macro thing? I’m so confused. Also, how many net carbs should I shoot for this first week? I’ve just gone for the default 24 g on the app so far. I need help! 

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Low carb and keto are very similar with a few differences. Low carb (depending on the source) is generally between 60 - 100 carbs a day. Keto is generally less than 30. Both encourage eliminating most sugars and grains. Twenty four a day is a good place to start. Instead weighing of yourself take your measurements. They are a more accurate measurement of your progress. Try not to weigh yourself too often. Weight can greatly fluctuate do to a number of factors. 

• Sorry forgot to add that there some excellent resources out there. Low Carb MDs have an excellent podcast. Also check out Dr. Ken Berry, Dr Eric Berg and Jimmy Moore on YouTube. Jimmy Moore also has a good podcast. 

Like Follow
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 32Views
  • 2 Following