Hey

Back in 05 I was diagnosed with Type I diabetes. I weighed 296 lbs. started on the South Beach’s diet and lost 50 lbs. my A1C dropped from 9 to just under 7. Over the years I relaxed a bit and gained a few pounds back. Started following Carb Manager a year or so back. Now I’m down another 16 lbs. current weight is 239 and looking to get to 200. A1C last checkup was 6.6. Based on daily glucose testing I expect it to drop more.   Eating habits are hard to break. Morning glucose levels have been in the 80s and 90s for the last week. Had French fries last evening with dinner. 117 this morning. You certainly are what you eat. 

5replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

ke4d hello. Are you sure your type 1? Sounds like type 2 which type 1 is typically diagnosed when your younger. I guess I’m not sure how old you are. 

• ke4d
    • ke4d
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Yes Type II. Fat finger syndrome and lack of proofreading! Age is 69. Been dealing with diabetes for 12 years now 

• wamdesigns
    • Back at it again...
    • wamdesigns
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Good job loosing this much weight! You already changed your eating habits and done low carb with the South Beach diet. 

Keto diet will get you away from Type 2 diabetes, it did that for a friend of mine. Hang in there, and next year you will say....  steak without fries please. It's not a diet for type 2 diabetics, it's a lifestyle, many won't realize that.

Good luck to you and stay strong!

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

ke4d Have you considered moving your diet a step further to keto ? If you want to take the body fat off and kick those meds, it’s really the way to go. Monitoring your glucose closely and getting with the doc on that is a good idea. Don’t want to dip to far down. A1c seems almost perfect so watch those sugars. Might even want to get with doc sooner to see about taking half the meds or kicking them. Diligence is key but you will feel better on keto. 

• ke4d
    • ke4d
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

badmojomn 

Like Follow
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 128Views
  • 2 Following