New Start

Hey everyone, my name is Jess and this is my second week of keto. I wanted to switch my eating habits because I realized I've let myself go out of control since being pregnant last year.  I have a beautiful 7 month old,  but I'm still 30 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight.  Also,  one of my best friends has  been on keto since Jan and lost over 60lbs. lm looking forward to losing the weight,  but I know it's going to be hard to cut out my favorite foods and habits.  Last week I lost 6 lbs, but I gained 2 by eating Chinese food.  I want to start again today seriously cutting back on my cravings.  I'm glad I'm not alone in this :) So currently I'm 192 working my way down to 160.

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • scjudd1986
    • CAD Tech
    • scjudd1986
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hey Jess, Steven here!

It will get much easier to avoid the cravings the longer that you're on the Keto diet. I will say that in the first 3 months I did very well, but recently had both Chinese and Pizza lol. I know I'm up from that, but I also have no concern that soon my body will be back into Ketosis and the extra weight will be gone.

I started 3 1/2 months ago at 327.2 and am sitting now around 285, somewhere in the vicinity of 42 lbs gone.

You can find different recipes for foods that you'll miss also. Fathead dough as a pizza crust is FANTASTIC, and there are noodles sold near the bagged salad at Walmart that is very close to spaghetti noodles that I'm sure you could use to recreate a chinese dish or two.

• scjudd1986 thank you so much for the suggestions,  I'll have to look out for those next shopping trip! Congrats on your weight loss :)

• scjudd1986
    • CAD Tech
    • scjudd1986
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jvscaparro You're welcome! We are all in this together!

Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 72Views
  • 1 Following