Newbie from Canada

I have just started the keto diet after going for about 1month with no potatoes, breads, pastas and rice.... and no luck in losing weight. Ate mainly veg and fruit with meat,fish or poultry 1per week.

i am now using more fat in my diet and protein and very little fruit and of course minimum carbs. And have begun am exercise regime.

Guess my question is related to sugar which is in so many fruits! 

How is sugar processed?

Following the diet as best I can, how much will an apple be on this diet? 

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Lorluk
    • Lorluk
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

there are many alternative sweeteners one can use on Keto but was wondering about Coconut Nectar..low glycemic.

• goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

For keto, very little fruit and usually limited to berries.

Put in what you plan to eat in tomorrow's details, see where the carbs are coming from and lower those items amounts to get within the range you need to lose weight, or choose lower carb options.  It takes a little adjustment but you can figure it out.

Search for keto meals on the web to help get meal planning ideas for the week.  

• goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I like Monk fruit and Erythritol.

• goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

(An apple would pretty much blow all my carbs for 1 day in keto.)

• Lorluk
    • Lorluk
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I kept track of what I ate yesterday and documented carbs and sugars as best I could. even tho I was having tiny amounts of low carb crm cheese, asiago cheese, brie, yogurt and crackers...I guessed about 20g carbs...tho did not include bacon nor 1Tbsp tuna mix (tuna,crm cheese and yogurt) ....I did have bit of steak (smaller than my palm)  and other vegs (mushrooms, cauliflower,gr pepper, zucchini) I will have to check out how many carbs I should limit myself to. those carbs sure do add up!!!

• Hello. Check out the Healthy Pursuits  podcast... has helped immensely 

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 111Views
  • 3 Following