New at keto

Hello! I am new to keto and I was looking for any advice or what you typically eat day to day. Finding different things to eat is where I feel like I will struggle. Thank you!

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi!

I didn't worry about variety right off, just ate a simple salad for carbs and added protein and fat as needed.  My simple salad:

2 tomato slices, 2 cuke slices and 1/4 avocado--chop them roughly and shake them together with 1 tablespoon  apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil and use it as salad dressing.   Add herbs if you like, and serve it over greens--baby spinach, mixed greens, etc. . 

Need more fat? Add extra olive oil to your salad and veggies, butter your coffee and steak, or Google recipes for fat bombs.

More protein?  Adding more meat is the easiest option.

Once I got the hang of that, I tried a new recipe here and there to add variety.  I make enough to eat for a few days and to  freeze a few days worth, then when I am getting bored  or don't have the time to cook, I can take a pre-measured serving out of the freezer.

The app and the internet have tons of recipe ideas.

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

marissamacko print a list of non Keto Foods, hang up close by. Just avoid those like poison. 

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 100Views
  • 3 Following