Keto Newbie

Howdy!  Keto newbie here!!  This past wk I met up with a newly retired dear friend...OMGRACIOUS!!!  Bye bye 22lbs n 9wks!!  She looks & feels amazing, I’m no fool so here I am! 😄.   Short history:  anorexic n my 20s (not a smart move), love to exercise, OR Nurse, mom to 3 boys (men), granny x2 with one on the way, 2 fabulous DIL.  Breast Cancer survivor 1yr 8mos & I believe the med I have to take is the reason why I have the extra few lbs, plus Im a happy pair of 5s...55 & still alive!  

Recently my allergies took a shift & has allowed me to eat fresh fruit...which could of also added to my extra lbs.  I’ve been n heaven eating what I thought all that was good for me!  Now I’m working on retraining my brain.  

How do u do without all the yummy fruit??  Especially when it is n season?  I’m very afraid of the Keto Flu...any pointers??  

My hubby is a 5 yr Cancer survivor & is on board with me!! Thank u all for allowing me to share!! 💗🌸

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I’m new as well! I’ve been reading that taking good BHB supplements can help your body get into ketosis eassier while helping you lessson the “keto flu” symptoms. As for fruit, I’m planing on taking a greens supplement to help get all of those vitamins and minerals I’m not getting by abstaining from fruit. Lastly, I working in a lot of berries to help curb my cravings for fruit... I do love me some fruit. NOTE: this is just my take and my approach as a newby to helpnget me into the groove. I hope this helps.  

PS, good fornyou for marking the change! Chenge is never easy,  it when it’s for the better, it’s always worth it! Hang in ther. 👊🏽

• barrydavidpetersb338
    • retired pharma exec pursuing 2nd career in photography
    • barrydavidpetersb338
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Ive been on board for 6 months now with incredible results. you can eat fruit sparingly, just use the app and keep track of your net carbs. I had keto flu for 3-4 days, the only issue was finding energy to keep hitting the gym. Once your flu is past, that's when you really hit high gear.

I lost the last 12 lbs i needed to and weigh what i did when was 18 but with a lot more muscle mass. I have added intermediate fasting (IF) with a diet with slightly more carbs (30-60g). I am doing the 16/8 IF which is essentially eliminating breakfast and eating only between noon and 8 PM each day.

Welcome to both of you...

Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 67Views
  • 3 Following