Seeking group with Moms of Children with Developmental Disabilities

Hello,

I am new to Carb Manager and am wondering if anyone know of a CM Group for moms (or parents) raising children with intellectual and developmental disabilities (this would include the sub-set of autistic spectrum disorder).  Stress has been causing my weight to spiral, so I am giving this a try as one part of my self-care, since I have a 13 yr-old with complex medical issues and developmental disabilities (including special pureed diet and "non-verbal").

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • shornbake
    • shornbake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello, I'm Sharon! Not sure about the group you are asking about but I have a child (20yrs old) with a learning disability as well and I know how very stressful everyday life can be. She can't seem to transition into adulthood, it's been very upsetting for me.  Did you ever watch the documentary on Netflix called "The Magic Pill"? Totally worth watching, it got me hooked on the Keto life style. I'm not a pro by any sort but I'm going to put my CAPD daughter on it as well hoping it improves her mental and physical health. Have a great day!

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 92Views
  • 2 Following