Need help choosing a restaurant

Help!! I'm brand new to the Keto diet and I jumped in without doing as much research as I normally would. I feel totally out of my element. I have a friend who has come into town (San Antonio) and wants to go to dinner. She told me that I could pick the restaurant and I'm stumped on what are the best choices. I'm guessing a steak or seafood would be best?

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Carrie
    • Carrie.3
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Steak, Seafood & Salad (minus tomatoes & carrots & dressing on the side) are good choices HOWEVER....You can google the nutritional value on many restaurants online which is what I do & find many “hidden” carbs in eating out. Obviously people eat out occasionally but the best is of course to make your own foods because you know what’s in them:) For instance a steak or salad that I prepare at home has a lot less carbs than at a restaurant, not exactly sure why but I assume it’s because of additives/preservatives they use to keep food fresher longer? Anyway, sorry for the ramble but if you are eating out, try to google menu & add to CM app then eat accordingly on your other meals for the day & you should be able to stay in your range:) Hope that helps!

• Carrie Thank you! I started looking at local seafood places, hoping that would be a good filter. I started this diet while at my parents' for a week. I cooked like crazy up there with my daughter. I sent all the extra groceries home with her and am back at home - but without the appropriate groceries. Otherwise I would invite my friend over for a home cooked meal. Unfortunately I haven't learned any "go to" quick and easy meals yet.

I know all of this will be easier the longer I'm in it, but it's hard to get started and do it right.

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 169Views
  • 2 Following