Costco?? should I get a membership?

I'm about 45 mins from the nearest so I would only go once a month. Does anyone go there? What things do you buy for low carb there? Can dairy last a month if I buy in bulk? like butter, cream cheese etc? The cost for local almonds is what got me thinking of costco, I hear they have good prices on nuts. 

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • kellylosb
    • kellylosb
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I buy almost everything from Costco.  I buy shredded cheeses, cream cheese ~ and freeze it.  Also their nuts and jerky.  The hwc is ultra pasteurized, and I think the shelf life should be almost a month. 

• kellylosb thanks, I did get it. I went and got the cheeses, nuts and almond flour. I didn't find any jerky that didn't have sugar, I hate that you can't get local jerky without sugar. I can order it but really want to cut down on what I order online. I didn't get the HWC, worried about it lasting, I will get some next time. 

• Nuts and seeds are the #1 thing we buy at Costco: walnuts, almonds, pecans, pistachios (a bit high in carbs) and pumpkin seeds, flax and chia. We also buy real cheeses, be very careful, as most cheeses are fake (read Real Food Fake Food and you'll understand). Other items we purchase are avocados, grape tomatoes, brussels sprouts and fruit (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and bananas); my wife is not on a low carb regimen and she really enjoys these fruits at a great price.

Like Follow
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 200Views
  • 3 Following