New to the forums

Hi all. I'm new to the app and the community. Loving the app. I've done keto before. Works great for me. My son is getting married in August and I want to be a lot thinner by then. Need a new suit and not happy with my current size. 

My only question is: if I've hit my macros for the day but the net calories tell me I am way under my Calories for the day because I got some exercise, am I ok to eat more?  And if so, at what macros?  It would throw my macros off. 

Thanks and good luck/work hard!

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Kat
    • Kat.64
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You want to have a deficit in calories in order to lose weight however if you are not eating enough you could stall your loss. I'm not an expert however my thought is as long as you are not hungry and are consuming the right number of fat, protein and carbs, I wouldnt really focus on the calories.  In other words the calorie goal isnt important to hit like the carb and protein ones.  

• Misfit36
    • Misfit36
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Kat yes, you're right. But some days, if I've done some heavy cardio or worked in the garden, I can actually be in the negative calorie territory but have hit my macros AND be hungry near the end of the day. That's what I'm trying to figure out. The app has set my macros to lose weight already and I can be substantially under even that estimate. I'm losing and feeling mostly fine. Just curious because it's always been a mystery to me. 

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 23Views
  • 4 Following