Newbie here!

Happy new year! Starting off the year right with a big goal... I need to lose at lease 70 lbs by October! Can it be done??? I believe it can. I’m beginning a keto lifestyle today. Luckily I’ve got my family on board and a solid mindset. I’m ready to gooooooo!!!

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • crex52
    • Retired English teacher
    • crex52
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Support is a must. Sabotage is a thing so you are lucky to have your family behind you. I got through Thanksgiving and Christmas with no cheats but slipped a little on New Years. This forum has been a great help because plateaus can be discouraging and the beginning of keto carb can bring headaches and some other unpleasant side effects. In the long run, though, I feel better, have less problem with my arthritis, and I have more energy than I have in years. You can do this!

Like 1
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello Amber, welcome to the forum. I can hear the determination in your post! 🙌 70lbs is possible....7lbs a month on average, losing more in the first month helps. Well done starting now and not leaving it until June.

It can also Depend on how much total weight you have to lose. Being ultra nosey, why that ‘amount’ by October?  Changing our lifestyle is tough  enough without adding too many pressures but so worth it ~ for so many reasons not just weightloss as @crex52  has indicated. 

Reading old posts will both motivate and educate you, tuck in and enjoy the changes.

Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 80Views
  • 3 Following