A lot of cooking time

I feel like I’m in the kitchen all day. Cooking a full meal for lunch is usually not going to happen. And when a recipe calls for 1tbs of coconut milk what do I do with the rest of the can. I have so many leftovers and feel like I’m wasting a lot of food and money. Any suggestions? I use the perpland menus  it helps but complicated.

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi there ....You can freeze tinned coconut milk! Just divide it into small portions.

• goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I cook two london broil steaks, slice them up and package individual servings and put it in the freezer.  Ditto pork roast, keto meat loaf, chicken, etc. 

I just make double everything--save a meal or two's worth for eating fresh and then have the rest as freezer meals when cooking time is lacking.  I usually have meat and a salad for a meal, but sometimes I freeze portions of keto-friendly sides as well so they are quick to the plate.

Measure the coconut milk into ice cube trays and freeze as Sonya suggested.  Pop them out of the trays and store in bags if you need to re-use the trays.

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 20Views
  • 3 Following