Attempting to put on weight (stored fat) prior to endurance event

Hi, I have been on the keto diet for several months and I am trying to find out the best way to put on additional fat prior to an endurance event, so far my searches have provided little info on this subject as most people are focused on losing weight

Any help much appreciated

thanks

Alec

7replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Alec Cotten  more fat, more carbs and protein. More calories. Excess is stored as fat :D

Like 2
  • I would up your carb intake. If you’ve been low carb for a long time, do this gradually (like over the span of a week). 

• Btw, Keto has had some excellent results for endurance athletes. You don’t really need to carb up for the event. I can’t remember the guys name but he ran like 17 miles fasted without any food along the way and had his best time.   I think the story was in mark sissions book, but google it. Keto is supposed be great for endurance. 

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Professor Tim Noaks. He can explain endurance and athletic training on ketogenic. You can find multiple videos on YouTube. He’s on the spot smart at the subject. 

• icinderella 

thanks, trying to do it avoiding carb loading 

• Badmojomn 

gtreat, thanks very much, I will check him out 

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Alec Cotten I think I agree. While training For strength and you want more fat reserves on your body? More carbs then.  That is your storage mechanism. Lots more carbs. 

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 117Views
  • 4 Following