intermindent fasting & keto

Hi all,

I am on day 9 of keto and I believe I am in ketosis per the test strips but I have been doing a lot of research on how to start getting my body to use stored fat for energy and I keep coming across intermindent fasting. Just wondering if anyone has done a 16/8 (16hrs of fasting 8 hour window for meals) or anything similar? What is your feedback? Is it possible to hit your goal in terms of fat/protein grams or does it only matter if your macro ratios are on point? I’m nervous to start because I don’t want my reduction in food

intake (and reduction in eating fats) to kick me out of ketosis.

Thanks in advance,

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Eating windows happen naturally as you get fully adapted to being a fat burning individual. Let your own appetite guide you, some days ‘eating windows’ are shorter and this may happen several days in a row followed by stronger hunger signals that you need to respond to thereby giving you longer eating windows. If you track for 2-3 months you will learn a lot about your own needs nutritionally and how they affect your weightloss. After you have felt your signals, seen the results on your scales and well being, then you are in the best place to decide for yourself. Sorry if you wanted a cut & tried formula, but I can only go by my own findings and clock watching/eating isn’t a natural state for me. 

There’s a lot of research out there, Dr Jason Fung for example. Others believe women fasting should be only once a month for 48 hours for optimum weightloss & health.... not yet got past 36hrs myself. 🌷

• Lisammmk
    • Lisammmk
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Joanna thank you! Fasting has always been a ridiculous option to me in the past because I was trained with the mindset of “5-6 small meals/snacks rather than only your 3 main meals” and “eat breakfast everyday to jumpstart your metabolism”. However, the more I read into it the more it makes sense. Today I purposely didn’t take any snacks to work and of course, my hunger was through the roof and everyone in my row of cubicles heard my stomach growl. (I worked out this morning which always increases my appetite). For the most part I feel that my hunger and appetite has decreased since starting so I may just start to train my body to go longer in between meals and start that way. Also cutting out snacks after dinner so that I can extend my night fasting. 

Like 1
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Lisammmk at approximately week 3 (again very individual timings) your morning or evening appetite will disappear, bit of a shock to me who has always eaten breakfast because you ‘have’ to start your day right. It is so exciting to not be hungry, to no longer eat by the clock or just because other people do. Real hunger = you fancy fats & protein so eat,  “head hunger” = you fancy something sugar/carb loaded so do not eat 🤣😂🤣.

enjoy your journey not just weightloss but self discovery, you are going to learn so much. 🌷

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 179Views
  • 2 Following