Happy new LCHFer

Hi!

Today is the end of week 4 of my new low carb/high fat diet. I lost exactly 20 lbs in this month and my pants are looser,  the arthritis symptoms in my knees are greatly reduced and the swelling in my ankles is gone. I reckon half of the weight loss was fat and the other water and bloat from high glycemic carbs.

I am not in the keto-zone of carb intake typically though I think a urine stick may have shown a small level of ketone production. I probably linger around 50 carbs/day, sometimes higher.  I make meal choices based on macros in general and I'm looking at packages before buying, especially regarding carbs and then fats. I'm not strictly counting but choosing according to close-enough figures. I'm still learning this new way of eating, in other words. I've yet to really get into intermittent fasting which I plan on doing sooner than later.

I'm a female (I know the nickname is after a male movie character) in her late 40s. Between my age and my knee arthritis, I thought I had no chance of significant weight loss. I thought I was stuck. But then I came across keto/LCHF and my mind was blown. I had no idea I had hope of not only losing weight but losing it pretty quickly AND getting down to a weight I haven't been since I was a teenager which is my normal weight. As a 5'10" female of medium bone build, I should weigh no more than about 155 lbs. I started LCHF a month ago at 288.8 lbs. Today is my one-month anniversary of this new way of eating and this morning I weighed at 268.8. I feel like I have a new lease on life, to put it mildly.  Being an obese female in American society is a social death sentence. Men have not only ignored me but sometimes looked at my body in disdain as if I were a piece of trash. I had zero self-image and basically zero happiness.

Discovering that the USDA is unreliable, corrupt, and uses bad science and finding out REAL nutrition has been a literal key out of prison for me.

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Btw all this weight loss and I haven't been exercising at all outside of work and errands.

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 23Views
  • 1 Following