Hi! New and thought I was doing pretty good!

I have never done this before but have been gluten free for 8 years. I had (have) a corn chips addiction that I knew was making me bloated and had to go cold turkey. Googled for an app to help me track calories and bumbled across this concept of keto diet. Its easy and I thought I was rocking it until I got home from a celebration dinner and updated the app with my dinner. Tito's Vodka has 13 carbs?!?  I had two Tito's and mineral water drinks.  It seems way too medicinal for that much damage to my numbers, right!?   :)

Will pull out my phone at the table everytime before ordering from now on.  

I look forward to reading about every one's experience with this crazy metabolic experiment. I am actually getting a blood test in August to see if this was the best or worst of ideas XD

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

That entry for Tito's is wrong--if you look at the details you'll see many users have suggested it be corrected.

Search "Vodka Tito", go down a few entries until you see the picture of the label and use that one. 

• Vodka, including Tito’s, has zero carbs.  This is an error in the app.  Just enter “Vodka” instead of Tito’s. However, be careful because even carb free alcohol can temporarily knock you out of ketosis. Your liver will give priority to processing it over everything else. I have noticed this first hand. I don’t gain but usually stall for a few days afterwards. Don’t let it discourage you. Just keep moving forward.

• Emmadog
    • onlineshoppingkarin1084
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

goplay thank you so much!

• Emmadog
    • onlineshoppingkarin1084
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

jgreene1130  what a relief, thank you. I have been keeping my carbs low enough to allow a glass of red wine every night and I have wondered how it effects me. It just goes so well with that last ounce of sharp Kerrygold cheddar I eat to pad on the last fats for the day. Plus I am trying to make this gig doable for the long term. So I think I am ok with little stalls. Slow weight loss is ok for me. My biggest issue is being sedentary. I need to build muscle. It took 8 days to lose a pound as of today. But that's another topic!

It was so hard not having rice or beans, I am saying yes to the little glass of Tito's!  My two wk vacation in Mexico is going to be the real test.  I'll just try not gain.  But I sense a serious stall on the horizon. :)

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 160Views
  • 3 Following