Frustration?..

Hi all! I have made a change to this way of nutrition, and I feel so much better....but....I haven’t seen any movement on the scale! Help! I’m staying within my macros, though I do often struggle wit meeting my fats...help, it’s been one month...looking for support and guidance

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • What is your current weight and your macros you are shooting for? 

• goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Getting my fats up was key for me to lose.  There's also the chance that you're building muscle which is denser than fat so the scale might not change but a tape measure should if you're building muscle.

Like 1
    • Annette
    • Gelinasannette
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Similar frustration here. I have been following closely for two months and only lost a pound. Like you, I feel better and know it is the right way to eat but frustrated by not seeing the scale move. It didn’t make scientific sense since reducing calories alone should show results. After six weeks, I had labwork done that shows high fasting glucose and a1C markers, which explains why I couldn’t get into ketosis. Although the doctor put me on a low dose of metformin, the BG isn’t dropping enough (average 120) to get into ketosis (average .5 and highest .9). The doctor doesn’t want to increase meds because the BG levels are in an acceptable range. So although eating Keto is perfect for glucose intolerance and overall health, it isn’t enough alone to lose weight. My journey continues and  I will try to add more exercise, drink more water (flushing BG sugar out), and add supplements to aid ketosis.  

I write all of this to simply say there are a lot of variables that need to be tracked and adjusted... Carb Manager is the perfect app for that. (I sent my doctor screenshots of all my readings) 

Like 1
    • Jules
    • julesalinas66ecc
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

There are a lot of variables to losing weight besides keeping carbs low and meeting macros. My understanding is insulin is a weight storage hormone and the more it's in control, the more weight you will store and not burn. So I am happy to help if you'd like. 

Like 1
Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 100Views
  • 6 Following