Hello I am new to Keto

My name is Trish. My husband and I are on this journey together.  I work days he worked nights. I look forward to learning and implementing good eating habits and strategies. We both would like to lose 40-50 pounds each.

10replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Lola
    • Lola.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi trish-my husband and I just started about 5 days ago. We both lost 3 lbs but I read that it’s mostly water weight at the beginning.  He was recently diagnosed with cancer and will be operated on the 8th. I’m hoping the low carb way will be healthier for him since cancer feeds on sugar. If there’s a reason to give up sweets this is certainly it!! Wishing you the best of luck on your weight loss journey! 

Like 1
    • Mariska
    • Mariska
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Lola  So very sorry about your husband.  I will be praying for the both of you.  Keep us informed 

Like 1
    • Lola
    • Lola.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you. His surgery will be on Tuesday. 

• Pat Mack
    • Pat_Mack
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi - my husband and I started 5 days ago and want to lose about 50 as well. I’m greatful to have a partner in this goal. Best wishes to you guys. 

Like 1
    • Pat Mack
    • Pat_Mack
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Lola hoping all goes well for your husband. 

• Mariska
    • Mariska
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Lola 

Not to worry about today.  Your husband surgery will go fine and he will be alright. Keep us informed.  I will be praying for the both of you... 

• Lola
    • Lola.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi everyone! My husband’s surgery went well. The tumor was 10 lbs on his kidney and the whole kidney had to be removed. He’s now home and in a lot of pain but I think he’ll gradually feel better each day. The doctor believes he removed all the cancer but took a biopsy and we’ll know the results next Wednesday if all is well. If they detect more cancer they’ll notify us immediately that he’ll need treatments. Thank you everyone for your prayers!  On another note, I had to stop keto and go to the low carb diabetes plan as my glucose was getting in the red zone 39% of the time. Can’t let it get that low. Some days I had 11 gr carbs, some 15 gr but mostly they were close to 30’s gr. I believe it was on the 11-15 gr days that my blood glucose dropped too low. 

• Mariska
    • Mariska
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Lola 

I am so glad your husband’s surgery went well.  It sounds very promising that the doctor remove all the cancer.  Every day he will get a little stronger and before you know it he will be up and jumping around.  

• Lola
    • Lola.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks, Mariska! I hope so! He’s been in pain off and on but seems a little better each day. 

• Keelo
    • Just taking it one day at a time...
    • Keelo
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Trish,
    My BF and I are doing keto together and he also works nights and I work days. I am interested in seeing how his mood, and level of tiredness is while on keto and how it improves. Nights can be so hard on the body.

Like4 Follow
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 10Replies
  • 101Views
  • 6 Following